Do you long for a better life?
Do you want to be loved and to love what you do?
Are you facing heartbreak and need hope to get you through the day?
Let me introduce myself. My name is Darlene. What’s yours?
I’m glad you’re here because I don’t think it’s by accident. Maybe you’re just searching the internet and “stumbled” across this site or maybe someone greater than yourself led you here. No matter how it happened, I believe God wants to give you something that will change your life.
By wisdom a house is built, and through understanding it is established;
through knowledge its rooms are filled with rare and beautiful treasures.
Rooms Filled With Treasures isn’t about material things like chests of gold or jewelry.
It’s about a life worth living in a home with rooms filled with treasures. Not treasures buried at the bottom of the sea, but treasures buried deep in your heart, which are far more valuable. I’m talking about things like laughter, peace, and unconditional love. This site is about finding a treasured life where you are fulfilled in what you do and you can be the real you without fear of being hurt or abandoned. Maybe you need freedom from addiction or abuse or it could be your life just isn’t what you hoped it would be and you dream of a better one.
I once lived a sad and miserable life, but after making a very wise decision, my life changed dramatically. I’ll show you how to make that same decision.
What I’ve Overcome
- Childhood ridicule and insecurity.
- Loss of parent at an early age.
- “Hell-on-earth” as a 24-year-old divorced woman with 3 small children.
- Alcohol addiction leading to suicidal thoughts.
- Searching country bars for love, but only finding shame.
- Divorced again at 52.
- Betrayed and rejected by someone I loved.
- Financial stress.
Treasures I’ve Gained
- Lots of laughter and days filled with joy!
- Peace knowing my Heavenly Father takes very good care of me.
- Unconditional love from Jesus, who died for me and who will never betray me.
- Emotional healing from other people’s actions.
- Forgiveness for all the hurtful things I’ve done (and continue to do, just not so often).
- Freedom from addiction.
- Acceptance instead of shame.
- Confidence in who I am and how I look.
- Restoration from divorce and a chance to get it right.
- Wisdom to get out of debt.
- A passion to help others with the help I received from God.
What Are You Looking For?
What is it that you want out of life? No matter what’s been thrown at you or where you are right now, life absolutely doesn’t have to stay the same! You CAN have a life worth living. You CAN live in a home filled with rare and beautiful treasures. I would love to share how knowing God helped me discover mine. Will you let me? What have you got to lose? If you’re ready to start living, take your first step and read My Story.
P.S. Please write me! I’d seriously love to hear your story and connect on a more personal level. You can throw your questions at me or simply let me know you’re here. Together, we can discover your treasured life.